Thursday 15 December 2011

ERROR : CANNOT CONNECT TO SHARED FOLDER

I have 7 PC in my network and I had shared some folders in the network. There wasn't any problem untill I run advanced system care software. But after using that, my shared folders and printer wasn't accessible on network. When I tried to access shared folder, I got an error message saying " No network provider accepted the given network path" I was not able to create a shared folder also, because it said some process is not started. I tried disabling my firewall. But problem was something other. I tried to restore my system. But it failed to restore. After working with that PC for some time I found that the problem was simple. There was an auto start windows service called server, which was disabled by advanced system care to speed up start up time. So I had to start that process again. To do that follow these steps below.

  • Clck Start - > Run -> Type services.msc and then OK
  • In the services list find SERVER
  • In the actions menu, click start. Now its done. Try connecting to that folder from other computer. It will work
  •  Or Right click SERVER and click properties and change startup type to automatic. Then restart computer and now shared folders and printer will be accessible. 







No comments: